Wildsam Field Guides: Yellowstone explores our first national park and the lands that surround it: a trove of American history and one of the world's most vital natural habitats.
Insight from local experts, guides and scientists reveals profound volcanic forces, America's greatest bison herds, wolfpacks, and a human story stretching back thousands of years. From famed geysers to deep backcountry to lore-steeped Western characters, Wildsam Yellowstone wanders far through the place once called Wonderland.
Discover local stories, natural wonders and historic gems, including:
- Local intel for Yellowstone backcountry activities, trails, scenic views, geothermal wonders;
- A 3-day road trip itinerary to experience the best of the park;
- Hearty breakfast spots and outfitter recs to gear up for exploring;
- Best base camps for local art, craft brews, homemade pasta, vinyl browsing and quirky memorabilia;
- Stories from local voices including bison experts, fly fishing guides, astrobiologists, Indigenous historians, park rangers, writers and artists;
- Scientific surprises behind Grand Prismatic Springs, the park's wolf packs, and Yellowstone's mega volcano;
- Shamans, summer jobs, misadventures, buffalo soldiers, park architecture & more historical clips; and
- A legacy excerpt from author Jim Harrison
Contributors include grizzly advocate and literary legend Doug Peacock, volcano expert Wendy Stoval, natural-world guide Ashea Mills, Wyoming memoirist Nina McConigley and wolf biologist Rick McIntyre among others.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.