K-2nd Grade Box, Customized
This box includes:
1. A book from our curated list or a $15 Little Professor Gift Card
- Kindergarten Picks
- King of Kindergarten by Derrick Barnes: Instilled with confidence by his parents, a young boy has a great firs day of kindergarten.
- Butterflies on the first day of school by Annie Silvestro: Rosie's excited to start kindergarten--she's had her backpack ready for weeks. But suddenly, the night before the big day, her tummy hurts. Rosie's mom reassures her that it's just butterflies in her belly. Much to Rosie's surprise, when she greets a new friend, a butterfly flies out of her mouth! Soon, Rosie frees all her butterflies . . . and helps another shy student release hers, too.
- Danbi Leads the School Parade by Anna Kim: Danbi is thrilled to start her new school in America. But a bit nervous too, for when she walks into the classroom, everything goes quiet. Everyone stares. Danbi wants to join in the dances and the games, but she doesn't know the rules and just can't get anything right. Luckily, she isn't one to give up. With a spark of imagination, she makes up a new game and leads her classmates on a parade to remember!
- The Pigeon Has to Go to School by Mo Willems: The pigeon must go to school, but frets about math, learning the alphabet, heavy backpacks, and what the teacher and other birds will think of him.
1st-2nd Grade Picks
- The Day You Begin by Jacqueline Woodson: A poignant, yet heartening book about finding courage to connect, even while feeling scared and alone.
- All are Welcome by Alexandra Penfold: This warm, welcoming picture book celebrates diversity and gives encouragement and support to all kids. Readers can follow a group of children through a day in their school, where everyone is welcomed with open arms and learn from each other's traditions.
- We Don't Eat Our Classmates by Ryan Higgins: It's the first day of school for Penelope Rex, and she can't wait to meet her classmates. But it's hard to make human friends when they're so darn delicious! That is, until Penelope gets a taste of her own medicine and finds she may not be at the top of the food chain after all.
- We Will Rock Our Classmates by Ryan Higgins: As the only T. rex in her school, Penelope is often overlooked but when she loses her confidence after signing up for the school talent show, her father and some friends help her find her courage.
- Just Ask! Be Brave, Be Different, Be You! by Sonia Sotomayor: Sonia and her friends plant a garden, and each one contributes in his or her own special way, in a book that celebrates the many differences among humans.
- School's First Day of School by Adam Rex: It's the first day of school at Frederick Douglass Elementary and everyone's just a little bit nervous, especially the school itself. What will the children do once they come? Will they like the school? Will they be nice to him? The school has a rough start, but as the day goes on, he soon recovers when he sees that he's not the only one going through first-day jitters.
2. Swig Water Bottle
- Boy Box: Blue Bottle, Girl Box: Blush Bottle
- 12oz Flip & Sip bottle keeps drinks cold for up to 24 hours.
- The screw-on cap with built in handle makes it easy to grab and go while the flip and sip straw stops spills and makes it lunchbox friendly!
- Dishwasher safe, top rack only Slip-free, scratch-free and noise-free silicone base
3. Set of 12 No. 2 graphite pencils
- Boy Box: Write and draw with a whizz, bang, boom! These comic inspired pencils will help you attack your day with enthusiastic style. Comic Attack Pencils are a set of 12 No. 2 graphite pencils with 4 different barrels showcasing comic themed action with a fighting spirit.
- Girl Box: Mermaids are magical; making these graphite pencils fun to use. Mermaids and undersea pals adorn the barrels of these No.2 graphite pencils set. A set of 12 mermaid pencils with erasers ready to handle any school work!
4. Mighty Pencil Sharpener
- The Mighty Pencil Sharpener is mighty indeed. With three different hole sizes and a large reservoir for the shavings, you can tote this little buddy anywhere. Don’t be a dull tip in a sharp world; make sure you keep one handy to sharpen the instruments that help you imagine!
5. Backpack Pin
- Boy Box: Taco, Girl Box: Unicorn
- Enamel pin with butterfly clasp, packaged in a clear sleeve with backer card